Friday, September 21, 2007

Manners:


I teach my children to say “please” and “thank-you.”
I teach my children to say “excuse me” for all the right reasons.
I teach my children to be kind and polite to those around them.

And just when I think they’re beginning to grasp the concept of having good manners, this morning I hear my little Annie proudly shouting from the potty…

“Angel….Angel….ANGel….ANGELLLLLLL…..Come see the ‘nudder big log I made!”

And when Angel fails to reply, she then turns the attention to me!

“Mom….MOOOOMMMMMMM….Come see the ‘nudder big log I made!!!!”

Because I still have the job of wiping her “booty,” as she calls it, I obliged her and commented on how large it really was. Even now I’m shocked that, THAT can come out of such a little bottom.

So I walk out of the bathroom chuckling at the whole scenario, yet at the same time, mortified at the thought that my kids may be this proud at school, or some other public place!

I suppose there will be a day when modesty will just click. Maybe that will be the same day that the act of them loving one another will just “click!” Until then, I pray for patience!!!

No comments: