Saturday, October 31, 2009

I've Got a Bug

Seems like the most popular conversation between the moms at school has been whether or not they are going to get their kids vaccinated for the flu and H1N1. Many of the students have been out because they have had one bug strain or another.

It has been cause for alarm and confusion among these highly involved parents, as there are so many different reasonable arguments for and against these vaccines.

I, too, fall into the category of alarmed and confused mother, and I have come to the conclusion that I am fighting the confusion with a bug of my own.

I'm concerned that I have contracted a crafting/baking bug, being that all I can think about lately is crafting and baking. If the release of creative juices is a remedy for keeping viruses out of our home, we are completely covered for the next 3 flu seasons, for sure!

For the kid's school carnival cake walk... Mr. & Mrs. Frankenstein
The only creepy crawly creatures that are allowed within 100 feet of our house...Friendly Spider Hairbows

When my husband asked me to make a treat for him to share with his co-workers at the office, I went all out....Mummy Cookies, Festive Cake with Chocolate Ganache, & Candy Corn CookiesI'm thinking that Betty Crocker should stop sending me email updates with "Fun and Delicious Recipe Ideas." If she doesn't, I fear that my family will be busting the seams of their size 6 and 7 clothing. And I am not at all interested in gaining back the 40 pounds I lost over two-and-a-half years ago!

4 comments:

Dana said...

T! Holy cow! You absolutely amaze me! Those goodies look amazing! You'll have to post the recipes. What fun. Mark's co-workers are so lucky and those cake walk cakes were ADORABLE!!!!

M&D's Mommy said...

There you go again! Putting the rest of us to shame! You are so creative and talented! Will you be my mom??? Your kids are so lucky!

Deborah Halverson said...

Ooh, I want to do this stuff. If I subscribe to Betty Crocker's "Fun and Delicious Recipe Ideas" will my life then be filled with frankenstein and candy corn cakes? Thanksgiving is only two days away, so I'll give up on turkey-shaped cakes and just save up for Christmas-themed cake extravaganza. You're awesome!

jessica said...

oh man . . .. my respect for you has just gone up several notches! Those goodies are amazing! Did they taste as good as they looked? How do you stay so skinny making this stuff?

OK - sorry I missed you guys last night - I was recovering from the triplets 5th bday party. And not all of us are natural party planners! Every bday party just about does me in . . . and that is while doing the bare minimum.

See you soon Terrell - I am so sorry I missed our 3 days!

Jessica