Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Virus


















It seems that the release of creative juices that I talked about in my previous post did nothing for keeping our home virus free.


In fact, Angel has come to a completely different conclusion.
You see, last year I received the dreaded phone call from the kids' school nurse.



"Mrs. Kamahi? How soon can you be at the school to pick up Isabella? She has vomited ALL OVER the health office and she is really upset." Her beautiful princess make-up was dripping from her eyes down to her chin, and the real Princess Ariel would have been mortified if her dress had the odor that hers had!
















Fast forward to this year....Friday after school, Bella began wriggling around on the couch, complaining that her stomach was hurting. I was quick to chalk it up to the fact that she ate her weight in candy during her class party.


















When her complaining continued the duration of our neighborhood Halloween Party, I knew that it was more than just a sugar-high. And when she requested to go home while all her friends were running around, playing and screaming with delight, I threw in the towel and called it a night.


















It was then that Angel made her conclusion.


















"Mom? Wasn't Bella sick last year, too? I think she has the Halloween Virus!"












No comments: