Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Worthless Worry

I am due to walk in the Breast Cancer 3-day in just 8 more days. In those three days, I will walk a total of 60 miles.

Initially I was worried about raising the $2,300 that is required of each walker. I reached and exceeded my goal in less than four weeks, thanks to my wonderful and generous family and friends.

Having my financial goal reached, I immediately began to worry about another thing.

And it is certainly not what I should be wasting my time worrying about.

Because I am not so worried about walking 20 miles one day, then getting up and walking another 20 miles the next day, and then getting up a third day and walking another 20 miles. Nope. That's not so scary to me.

And I'm not worried about freezing my buttooti off while sleeping in the tents right near where the ocean waves crash, because my friend and I are much too wimpy for that and we right away opted to rent a room at a nearby hotel.

And I'm not worried about blisters on my toes from all the walking, because I bought three new pair of tennis shoes, new socks with wicking, and a package of mole skin which is said to keep feet free from blisters.

And I'm not worried about becoming dehydrated while walking 60 miles, because I went right out and bought a handy-dandy fanny pack that holds not one, but two water bottles...one for water, the other for Gatorade.

And I'm not worried about looking silly while out there walking 60 miles, because my team of triplet moms bought the cutest and most comfortable pink t-shirts that we had printed to say, "More the Merrier, Walker for Knockers. Got triplets?"

But my number one worry DOES have something to do with the previously mentioned triplets....and child number four....and a darling husband!

My NUMBER ONE worry about walking in the Breast Cancer 3-Day walk is.....

WHAT MY HOUSE WILL LOOK LIKE WHEN I RETURN HOME AFTER BEING GONE FOR 3 DAYS!!!!

I know it sounds absurd, but it is the truth. On numerous occasions I have returned home after just 3 short hours to find the house in total shambles.

On numerous occasions my husband questions whose standards we are going by.

On numerous occasions I remind him that we are a family of humans....not pigs!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Ha ha! You will do GREAT T! So proud of you!! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Just saw your feet on my cousins blog - Amazing Trips! ;-) Ouch!!

So proud of you guys. You all are awesome. Big hugs to all of you for your accomplishment!

Marg. :-) (One of Jen's many cousins)