Sunday, December 23, 2007

A Glimpse Into My Future

Last night before putting Isaac to bed, I feel that I got to peer through a window to the future. I shared a little conversation with my son that I know will be the first of many of it's kind. Yesterday we attended a gingerbread house building party, and like always, Isaac was one of only a few boys in attendance, along with many darling little girls. One of these darling little girls in particular, Isaac really took a liking to. My son is not easily intimidated, for his Gingerbread Party Crush was a couple of years older than he, and she towered over him by at least two inches!



It is apparent to me that Isaac needs to work on his methods of getting girls' attention. As all of us mom's were chatting in the dining area, we heard deep growls coming from the hostesses bedroom, followed by high-pitched shrieks. After inquiring as to what on earth was going on, we were informed that Isaac was a zombie and he was succeeding in making the girls squirm. He was on his tippy-toes, growling into the eyes of his Crush!


Based on Isaac's giddy behavior at the party, I was well aware of the fact that he was fond of this little girl, but I didn't realize just how fond he really was until we chatted a couple of minutes after his sisters were in bed, and it was only he and I. The conversation went something like this:


"Mom? Did you know that one of the kids at the party today drank blood?"


"Are you talking about the little boy you shared a table with?"


"No, the other one."


"Oh, you mean Cassie?" (Her name has been changed to protect her identity!)


"Yah. She told me that she drank blood before."


"That's just lovely, Isaac."


"She asked me if I was in love with her."


"And what did you tell her?"


"I told her no"......long pause followed by a sheepish grin......"but, I really do!"


Is this what I have to look forward to? My son falling in love with every cute girl he ever lays eyes upon? If this is indeed what lies ahead, I'm closing that window, locking it twice, and pulling the shades over, never to look through it again!

1 comment:

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

He's going to have a crush on all his sister's friends! He is one lucky boy to have all those sisters his age, plus a little one not too much younger than him.