Monday, December 3, 2007

Not for the Weak Stomached

Up-chuck, vomit, barf, puke, whatever term you use to define it, it's just plain gross. I'm pretty sure that no one out there likes to puke and just as sure that no one likes to clean it up. I have the belief that the disgusting factor of puke is decided upon by what it is that is being puked up.

Well, last night, the puke factor in my house was at the highest possible level. Not only did it consist of curdled milk, thick mucus, and watermelon chunks, but it spanned half the length of our upstairs bonus room, approximately 8 linear feet. It was the worst clean-up yet with regards to my kids and the act of puking. Did I mention that this event took place at twelve 0'clock am, when all I wanted to be doing was sleeping?

Four out of four of my rug-rats are sick at this time. All four with snotty-noses, nagging coughs, and general irritability. Compound that with the fact that one of them ate mass quantities of not-so-good watermelon, and you get the puking component! Oh happy day!

I think my dear husband is a bit happy that his four children are experiencing these symptoms. Not because he wants to see them sick, but because it proves that his symptoms I wrote about the other day were indeed, real!

2 comments:

Celtic Kitten said...

Oh nooo. Icky bad. Poor Terrell.

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

Do you have white carpet up there?? Oh no! Cleaning up watermelon puke...I feel for you, I really do!