Thursday, May 1, 2008

Never Say "Never"

The last time I boasted, "I've never....." I ended up with the most painful cold sore on my upper lip. That's what I get for bragging to my friend who had frequent cold sore outbreaks.

I swore that I would never again make that statement.

And then I did.

This past weekend.

Not once.

But twice.

At Bella's t-ball game last Saturday, I was boasting to the grandma of one of Bella's teammates, that none of my children have ever cut their hair. Oh, I was so proud to state that my children are avid scissor users but they are much more interested in cutting paper into 500 little pieces than chopping away at their hair.
NEVER.....Say "never!"

The other day while my back was turned to my little artists, one decided it was time to do the unthinkable. My most feisty, risk-taker, large-and-in-charge, YOUNGEST CHILD, set scissors to hair and closed the handles.

Have you ever tried to keep a straight face when all the muscles in your face are willing you to do otherwise?

I caved....I laughed....I couldn't contain myself when Annie looked at me and declared, "I wanted that part of my hair shorter, Mom!" She lopped her little pony-tail right off.

The good news is, her hair is so disastrous fine and uneven anyways, one would never notice that it is 3 inches shorter on the top of her head.

And by this time I should have already learned my lesson.

A few weeks prior, I was boasting about the fact that Angel rarely gets sick when the others do.

Oh yah....

In the past month and a half Angel has been struck with an ear infection, followed by a urinary tract infection due to the antibiotic from the ear infection, another ear infection, the flu, followed a week and a half later by another flu bug!

I'll NEVER, say "NEVER" again!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you didn't post a picture of the new do?

Diane

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

oh, that is one good thing about having all boys...if one DOES decide to cut his own hair, at least shaving it is a possibility...only AFTER I consider hurting him!!

So sorry to hear of all the sickness, I was about to say a NEVER but I think I'll hold that in since we're about to leave town and I don't want any more of my children sick!

Celtic Kitten said...

You know I feel for you. When Kendra did hers it was right in the middle of her head, from forehead to crown, all the way to the scalp. She learned to love hats. I think you've seen those pictures.