Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Sneaky One

Even her brother and sisters have labeled her, "The Sneaky One," and they could not have got it more right! Yesterday Annie and Angel were playing swim school together, pulling every cotton-pickin' bathing suit out of the drawers. I informed them that this must stop, because I am not a fan of doing laundry, nor a fan of folding itty-bitty, teeny-weeny bikinis into perfect little bundles and returning them to their rightful place.

As if I would not hear her as she was standing just inches from my chair, she very sneakily tried to convince her older sister that, indeed, they could still play the game.

"Come on Angel. We can go in my room behind the bed and Mom won't even see us!"

Had I not been right there to talk some sense into them, Annie may have very well coerced her big sister into disobeying her mother!

Little Sneak!!!

Then this morning, while I was packing their lunch with yummy dried apples, I shooed them away from the snack like sea gulls, informing them that they could eat them with their lunch at school.

I have no idea how it happened, but somewhere between dowsing their waffles with maple syrup, and cutting them into one-inch square bite-sized pieces, 2 pieces of apples out of one of the bags mysteriously disappeared. I never even left the kitchen! I had only occupied an area of about 2 square feet, and the bags of apples shared that same space.

I looked over at my four little monsters angels, quietly consuming their breakfast and inquired, "Who on earth stole the apples?"

Without a second thought, Bella retorted, "The Sneaky One took the apples."

Giggles erupted from the belly that consumed the missing apples and she couldn't have been more proud of her accomplishment!

Oh doctor, I think I'm in trouble!

No comments: