Wednesday, June 4, 2008

All Boy

It doesn't matter that he wore purple princess dress-up shoes to the dinner table last night. Nor that he came tip-toeing out of the playroom with his sisters pink tutu on yesterday. My Isaac is all boy!

Yesterday I took him to have a CAT scan done on his head. He gets more headaches than I am comfortable with him getting, so I took him to see his pediatrician. The pediatrician is suggesting that he is experiencing juvenile migraines, (passed down by me, his mother!) but wants to rule out other possibilities.


Isaac was even braver than his own father yesterday, while the nurse administered an IV. Only one large crocodile tear escaped from his right eye, and then he was done. Maybe a little grumpy, but no obnoxious crying.


With his head strapped to the table, he sat completely still as the huge machine roared and moved. Only his eyes blinked.


He was so proud of himself for staying so strong, but he refused to express it until we were in the privacy of our own car.


I hugged him and told him how proud I was of him for being so cooperative. He smiled smugly and made his reply.


"Mom, I was so still the whole time. You couldn't even see my hands. They were so still, too. And do you know what? I had a booger the whole time and didn't even pick it!"


That's my brave boy!!!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Poor Isaac! He is soo brave. I would not be a big fan of those with my claustrophobia. I too get migraines so I can relate. What a bummer to be getting so many headaches at such a young age, though. :( Keep us posted. XOXO