Friday, August 22, 2008

Things we loved...

...about New York:


The great food.
The fact you could drive 15 minutes into New Jersey and buy cheaper gas...AND by law an attendant has to pump it for you!!!


Dunkin' Donuts.
The fact that you could paint your house purple, and it fit in perfectly!The beautifully, green, lush "thru-ways."


Dunkin' Donuts.


The architecture of the homes...especially the wrap around porches!
Almost every public bathroom was equipped with automatic water faucets, automatic hand soap dispensers, & automatic paper towel dispensers. I almost felt compelled to let my girls go it alone in the bathroom. If only they had automatic opening doors so they didn't have to touch the door handles!

Dunkin' Donuts.
The fact that all four of my kids could ride on a carousel for $2.00, while in California EACH kid pays $2.00 to ride on a carousel!

Visiting with family and friends! And again, Dunkin' Donuts. To be perfectly honest, I did not partake in Dunkin' Donuts, but they are my husband's favorite, and because of that, my kids have become fans as well. They pointed out each and every Dunkin' Donut shop. And let me tell you, they are everywhere!

Number one reason we were glad to return home:


Not one of those fancy, automatic public restrooms offered @**-gaskets for protecting the fanny from toilet seat germs! Big no-no!!!


That was enough for me to throw in the towel and ask for help!!!

3 comments:

Mei-Ling said...

How hilarious are you all? I was reading your airport entry and couldn't stop laughing. I was laughing so much that Ryan told me to stop laughing and smiling!!! I can see it all unfolding as I read on. The picture clearer and clearer. Ahhh the joys of traveling with a large group and children.

Were you an english teacher? :)

Dana said...

Dang, girl - you have some serious willpower to say the big n-o to Dunkin Donuts. I need to learn from you.

I also LOVE the airport entry. You are beyond hilarious. My favorite is the 9 lb. water bra - you are a crack up.

Glad you guys are home safe and sound. XOXO

Jocelyn S. Lomahan said...

So nice to meet you today!!!!

Your children are just beautiful...

What is it about Dunkin Donuts? I'm craving the coffee....light & sweet...right now!!!