Sunday, January 6, 2008

Horribly Normal

Am I a horrible mom? Or am I like all of the other mom's out there who love their children more than life itself, but don't love their long vacations from school?


Was it horrible that I was just as excited as they were to rip a ring off of the Count-Down to Christmas Strand we made, not because it was one day closer to Christmas morning, but rather it was one day closer to their return to preschool?


Was it horrible that over the past few weeks, I've been counting down the hours until bed time, while they were counting down the hours until wake-up?


Is it horrible that I mentally mark off the days on the calendar each week, eagerly awaiting Wednesday, because they spend the night at my mom's that night so Mark and I can go out on a date?


I'm thinking that I'm horribly normal. I'm pretty sure that all of you other mothers out there whose children are getting ready to return to school after a long winter vacation, are just as excited as I am.


But are you this excited?






6 comments:

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

Oh I AM that excited!! In fact, the kids went back to school this morning...today was my Christmas! I dropped the kids off 30 minutes early and you know what, there was a line to drop them off so obviously I wasn't the only one eager to shove the kids out the door!!

Now, if only I had the house to myself but I do still have the little ones at home but that I can handle!!

Celtic Kitten said...

Hallelujah!!!

Dana said...

T - you are beyond hilarious. I love those pics!!! I'm sure I'll be there one day, too, when I have kiddos. :)

The Amazing Trips said...

girl - you got some major air!!

Michael, Jessica, Jacob & Olivia Catanzaro said...

Damn you can jump high! Sadly I too had to go with all those children you were so eager to get rid of. I was not jumping for joy because not only did I have to return to work but it was also my birthday.

Anonymous said...

Oh, just wait until summer. It's like never ending. Those pics looked like good exercise. Hope you didn't hurt yourself!!!