Saturday, January 19, 2008

My Very Own Love Story

I'm a sucker for love stories. It's one of the reasons why I love Nicholas Sparks novels. Love stories are better to me than sitting in front of a fire on a chilly winter night, sipping hot chocolate with whip cream floating on top. Unless of course there is a love story playing on the television screen.

Today, I experienced my own little love story. It was far better than any Sparks book I have read. Even far better than any romance movie I have ever watched. It was a love story between my son and me.


While sitting on the floor playing with the three girls, I suddenly felt two little arms reach around my neck from behind. Looking over my shoulder, I came eye to eye with my little boy. Before I could ask what he needed, he spoke words to me that made my heart melt.


"Mom, I love you so much." Before I could reply, he followed that with even sweeter words. "There's no ending of me loving you."
"There's no ending of me loving you?"

I've played the words back in my mind a thousand times since he uttered them. There's no ending of him loving me.

If that's not the definition of unconditional love, I don't know what is.

Unsolicited declaration of adoration--the most important reward that a mother could ever ask for!

3 comments:

Celtic Kitten said...

Ahhhh, aren't sons just the best?

Anonymous said...

WOW TERRELL, WHAT A WONDERFUL LITTLE BOY YOU HAVE THERE! I HAPPEN TO KNOW HE IS...HE'S MY GRANDSON!
LOVE, MA

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

I have two little boys who love their FATHER that much!! I get the love too and I adore every minute of it!!

Boys are the best.