Sunday, November 4, 2007

Oh Happy Day


The fact that the kids were awake at 5:45 am this morning due to the time change didn’t matter one bit to me. For the first time in a loooooong time, everyone woke up with smiles on their faces.

The first to show his smiling face in my room this morning was Isaac. He brought his nose ever so close to mine and gave me his good morning kiss. It was a great way to start the day.

As if Annie was waiting for Isaac to lead the way, she followed closely behind. She too, gave me a good morning kiss and snuggled up next to me in my bed.

After tuning the television to Sunday morning cartoons, I realized that I heard voices coming from Angel and Bella’s room. Quite an amazing fact, being that those two girls rarely spend a waking moment in a different room than I am in. Like a nosey mom, I muted the television to try to hear the conversation they were having. I was unsuccessful in my eavesdropping, and at the urging of my other two children, I returned the television to an acceptable viewing volume.

Within moments, two excited girls sauntered through my bedroom doors, exclaiming that Lucy, their cat, was playing with them in their room. Mark tried to persuade them back to their room, but Lucy had already made her escape down the stairs. With Lucy gone, our room was now the more popular place to hang out.

And this was perfectly fine with me. It’s not too often that our four kids are in sinc with their good moods. It’s not too often that we can cram four kids and two adults into our plush bed without hearing a number of complaints.

“Bella’s foot is in my space.”
“Isaac stinks.”
“Annie kicked me in the head.”
“There’s no room for me.”

All of these complaints without any regard to the fact that I am teetering on the right-most 3 ¼ inches of my king-sized bed, and Mark is on the opposite 3 1/4 inches. If I could figure out a way to set up my camera to take a picture of it, I would entertain you all with the most pathetic sight! But as I said, it was a perfectly fine situation this morning because even though we were cramped for room, everyone was getting along.

It’s amazing how the first 1 minute of wake up can make or break the whole rest of the 1,440 minutes of the day!


No comments: