Thursday, November 1, 2007

Guilty Mom--Redeemed

One is never too old to be bailed out by their mom. This, I know, from many past experiences, the most recent one being, last night.

Since the triplets were born, my wonderful mom has kept them over night, every Wednesday, giving Mark and I a much needed night off. Last night, was no different, even though it was Halloween. I had made up my mind that a silly night of trick-or-treating was not going to take away my free night. So like any typical Wednesday, I hauled them off to my mom's house, hoping they would forget all about the idea of trick-or-treating that was being pounded into them by their friends at school. Not a chance. They drilled their "Ma," over and over that they wanted to go trick-or-treating.


Being that she is a grandma, it didn't take long for her to cave. She agreed to take all four to the mall to trick or treat at the participating stores. And might I mention, she agreed to take on this task, ALONE!!! That to me, is much more of a trick, than a treat!!!


She goes further than that. Knowing that Isaac would much rather be something more "boyish," she wipes his face clean of the clown facade, and very carefully covers the residue with a dark beard and mustache. With a few strokes of the make-up brush, my Little Clown Isaac was transformed into, none other than, Jack Sparrow! Boy was he excited. She even removed the clown make-up from the three girls' faces, and they were transformed into the cutest little princesses. Needless to say, at the expense of my mom's sanity, I was freed from all the guilt that overcame me as we walked into the preschool classroom yesterday morning!

No comments: