Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Beaming Booster Users

My kids are just as excited by our new ride, as I am, but for a much different reason.


They had no trouble swallowing that they were "Mini-Van Children." Nor did they ever know that I was unable to swallow being a "Mini-Van Mom." (Not that I believe there is anything at all wrong with driving a mini-van. I'm the one who insisted we get one in the first place after Annie came along, but I just didn't feel like myself when I drove it.)


No, they could care less about the fact that it has nice, black, leather interior. They aren't impressed by the huge amount of cargo space that hangs behind their very seats. It doesn't matter to them that I can now open the door without putting the key into the lock.


They are most excited by the fact that we finally let them get into booster seats. And not one person, friend or stranger, has crossed their path, that hasn't been informed of this very fact.


They've informed:
Every teller at the bank we visited yesterday.
All of the dental hygentists, plus the dentist at their teeth cleaning appointment yesterday.
All of the parents of the patients that were waiting for their dental exam.
Their teachers at school....more than once...probably more than 10 times!
Each of the parents that walked through the door to pick up their preschooler.
A fire chief that pulled up next to our gas pump yesterday, to fill his own tank.

As I said, if the person crossed one of my childrens' paths within the last 4 days, they are aware of the fact that they now ride in booster seats!


And it was the cutest event ever, to watch four children sit in the isle of the store, to agree upon which booster seat to buy. The final vote was three girls against one boy.

1 comment:

Celtic Kitten said...

Angel, Isaac, Bella and Annie,
that's so cool that you get boosters. The 3 "K's" loved choosing theirs too. Have fun in your new car!