Saturday, February 2, 2008

Chivalry in a Stressful Situation

Bella and Angel tend to panic over the littlest of issues.

A strange, unfamiliar noise, whether it be humming, buzzing, or screeching.
A concerned look on my face if I'm contemplating a situation.
The ultimate threat of leaving them, or one of their siblings behind if they don't get to the car quick enough.
The loss of a beloved toy.

You name it, they can panic over it.

They display their panic by jumping up and down in place, whimpering and moaning like an injured animal on a pogo stick. It's actually really quite comical to witness...when I'm feeling in a happy-go-lucky mood that is.

Just yesterday, we witnessed this expression of panic when I made a pretty dumb mistake. After parking the car in the driveway, unloading four kids along with 10 tons of kid paraphenalia, I did what I always do: secured the car by locking the doors. Only problem was, I locked it with the keys still in the ignition.

Just the utterance of the syllables, "Uh-oh," was enough to initiate panic.

But thank goodness for Isaac. He came to the rescue with a light hearted dialogue that put us all in stitches.
"Don't worry girls. I'm brave......AND strong. I even burp without saying excuse me."

Take note boys....that's chilvary at it's finest!

3 comments:

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

"I even burp without saying excuse me" That is awesome!! I guess that means he's truely a man.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha...out of the mouths of babes.
Too funny!

The Amazing Trips said...

OMG - he is so cute, Terrell. We have the exact same PJ's for the boys and William does the same "Mr. Incredible" stance.

What a doll!!! Burp on little man, BURP ON!! :)