Monday, February 25, 2008

He's a Keeper

I wouldn’t have wanted to spend my birthday any other way; with my family and friends all gathered together, eating at one of my favorite restaurants. It was even better than eating a Baskin Robbin’s three-scoop sundae. And when I thought it couldn’t get any better, Mark placed a squirt of whip cream and a cherry on top. It came in a very classy, slate blue hue, has four monstrous wheels, and it will easily camouflage the accidents that happen with four small children because of it’s black leather interior! You guessed it…my wish to escape the dreaded mini-van finally came true. For my birthday, Mark surprised me with a beautiful, new Suburban. Not only the gift was unbelievable, but the manner in which he presented it, is certainly worthy of mention!

Wishing to throw me off, and knowing his son well enough to know that he can’t keep a secret, Mark told Isaac that he bought me jewelry. As to be expected, within the hour, Isaac relayed the information to me!

I was a bit suspicious, knowing that with the blowing of my last gift surprise, Mark vowed that he would never again let the kids know what my gifts are before I, myself, knew what they were!

Nevertheless, I fully expected jewelry. Heck, I had just informed him that there was a ring at the jewelry counter at Costco with a hefty sale price of $41,000. I’ve always been a dreamer!

After opening all of my wonderful gifts from friends and family, Mark informed me that it was time to open my gift from him. I unwrapped the little “jewelry-sized” gift box, only to find a small note. It sent me to my dad, who handed me another box, then to my mom, who handed me another box, then to my father-in-law who handed me yet another box.
I was finally led full circle, back to Mark, who handed me a tissue, because I was indeed teary-eyed, and a final box with a little note that had a hand-written map of the restaurant parking lot. Along with the map, was the key to my new car.
Followed by my family, I counted parking rows and spaces, pushed the unlock button on the key fob, and climbed right into my new car.
Hugs followed, as well as kisses of sincere gratitude.
Sure, he sleeps through 99.9% of the morning duties, but have I mentioned that he's a darn good gift-giver.
He's chalked up a plus in my book!

4 comments:

Celtic Kitten said...

Whoa-that is sooo cool! He's definitely a keeper. No more sticky traps?
!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! I love the suprise. He did good!

Happy Birthday to you!!!!

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

That is better than jewlry!! I wish i could get lose the dreaded mini-van!! However, I think I'm stuck with mine a little longer!

What a great birthday present! Your husband is a keeper!

Happy Birthday

Anonymous said...

Good Job Mark! What a great gift---a keeper!