Friday, March 28, 2008

Ever wondered...Part Two

I've already shown you what happens when you hook up the positive and negative battery cables backwards and then start the car.


But have you ever wondered what your kids would look like if they were standing in the vicinity of the Kitchen Aid mixer and it was turned on while the blades were in the mid-air, full of gooey, peanut butter cookie dough?

You can thank Annie for putting an end to your wonder.

In an attempt to ease the disappointment of not being able to go with their brother to Pa and Mimi's house for a sleep-over, I promised the girls that we would do something fun. Their idea of fun was making something for dessert.

It was Annie's turn to turn on the mixer after adding the first cup of flour to the mixture. As is common with her, she did not listen to me when I asked her to, "Wait....WAit.... WAAAAIIIIIT!"

Within seconds, peanut butter dough covered the west side of my kitchen, and everything and everyone that was near. Because the room was immediately filled with infectious, hysterical giggles and funny, dough covered faces, there was no anger on my part over the mess. It was a memory made with my girls that will never be forgotten.

Once the giggles subsided, the only other noise that could be heard was the lapping up of dough off of arms, hair, counter tops, and even the floor!

No comments: