Friday, October 5, 2007

Book Worm

As a lover of books, and a former educator, I am thrilled that my son is so in love with reading. He loves books like I love chocolate.

Isaac's book collection is quite an extensive one. He is not discriminatory in his subjects of interest. One can find books about anything from Apple picking to Zoo animals. Until recently, the collection of books was stored in the cupboards in my laundry room. Because I am a newly determined stain conqueror, my collection of stain removers is growing faster than Isaac's book collection, therefore the book collection needed a new home.

No big deal. I've been wanting a book shelf to put in Isaacs room for more than two years now. I've wanted Isaac to be able to choose books at his leisure. To read as a hobby. To grow into an intellect because of his love of reading.
The thought is a great one, but it has led to a small problem. The time Isaac is choosing to read is the time Isaac should be choosing to nap!

My little book worm is hiding books under his pillow, pulling them out only after I have tucked him in and kissed him good-night. Guess I better find the books that are teaching him to be mischievous and remove them from his collection!

1 comment:

Celtic Kitten said...

You don't have to worry until he starts hiding his "reading" material under his mattress.