Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Then and Now

If you were to ask me 10 years ago what my life would be like in the near future, I would have a very precise answer. I would marry the love of my life, Mark, finish my college degree, become an elementary school teacher, and most importantly, become a mother. A mother of two, maybe, three. But that would be sufficient.


Never did I believe, that at the age of 29, I would be morphed into something that resembled a pregnant cow. Four years, one week, and one day ago, I was waddling from room to room like a lame duck. I ate, drank, and lived laying flat. And I did all of this to protect my triplets from the outside world, as long as was humanly possible.


Four years, one week, and one day ago, my life was changed FOREVER! My three beautiful babies entered the world, screaming and kicking, much like they do today!


Angelica Rose, Isaac Christopher, and Isabella Jo Kamahi, entered the world on September 25, 2003. A day that marks the end of my sanity, the end of my peacefulness, yet the beginning of a lifetime of joy and love.
I have traded my long hours of sleep at night, for short, sporadic sleep hours.


I have traded peaceful, calming music, for screams of delight and screams of impatience.



I have traded a neat and tidy home, for a chaotic home with toys strewn from one end to the other.


I have traded dinners out with my husband, for dinners in with the messiest eaters on this green earth!

I have made many trades in the past 4 years, but none that I will ever regret.


Nothing I have traded ever gave me the joy and sense of accomplishment that I have experienced being a mother. Nothing compares to hearing four little voices declare their love for me. Nothing compares to the hugs that 8 little arms can give. Nothing compares to hearing little conversations between sisters and a brother.


Nothing compares to the reward of being called "Mommy."

No comments: