Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Little Ears Are Always Listening

Today while driving down the freeway, Bella and Annie in tow, I became frustrated at another driver. I know it's been awhile since I took my driving test to get my driver's license, but I don't think the laws have changed that much.

The far left lane is a passing lane. Am I not right?

Why on earth then, was a lady driving a blue Toyota Corolla cruising along in the fast lane at a snails pace of 60 miles an hour? Or it may have been 65, but I was going a bit quicker, and I wanted to pass her....in the passing lane.

Finally realizing her mistake, she politely pulled over to the next lane like a conscientious driver should. As I passed her, she gave me a look that could kill. Amazing...she's in the wrong and she looks at me as if I'm the problem.

"Idiot driver," I mumbled under my breath so as not to allow the four little ears in the back seat to hear.

It wasn't until later that I realized that little ears are very good at hearing...when they choose too!

Driving down Fletcher Parkway, I guess I took a turn too quickly, for out of the back seat I hear in a quiet yet convicting voice, "Mom, I guess you're an idiot driver too. I guess you like to be an idiot driver."

I was caught....by a four year old.

Yet I couldn't help but think, if she thinks I'm an idiot driver, what on earth does she consider her father!!!

4 comments:

Deborah Halverson said...

Ha! Funny punchline, T.

Dana said...

T - I love your blog! It is so cute. It's always fun to catch up with the Kamahis. Miss you! :)

Cris said...

Seth has used more colorful words when we encounter "idiot drivers". Can't imagine where he gets it from. Amazing what those little ones can actually hear. Hee hee.

The Amazing Trips said...

Oh, thank goodness our trio aren't repeating what I said to the guy in the Costco parking lot last week. I have GOT to watch myself more closely. Or, get better at biting my tongue.