Saturday, October 20, 2007

Mission Legoland--Completed

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I despise my regular visits to the dentist office. I haven't returned since last year when I went for a root canal-- as if a regular-'ol root canal wasn't bad enough, my dang tooth had an extra root, and it took two visits to complete it....two sets of novicane shots in the most painful part of the mouth (on the upper palate, right behind the front teeth), 2 hours of sitting there with my mouth wide open, 2 hours of the nervous sweats!


I begin with the story of my mouth because it relates to how I've felt for the past four years about taking my crew to an amusement park. Yes indeed, the thought of taking four children to Disneyland or Legoland, until today, gave me the same nervous sweats as my trips to the dentist office. It was my belief that the work of tracking four kids through an amusement park much outweighed the enjoyment we would receive. And worse yet, why would we want to spend our life savings on an outing that would be sure to fail?
A sweet friend of mine offered us four free tickets to Legoland, and we gladly accepted. It was an offer I couldn't refuse and I figured it was time to take the plunge. It bothered me to know that my four kids were the only four kids in San Diego that hadn't been taken to an amusement park!
I'm pleased to announce our trip was a success. The kids loved the roller coasters and all of the fun sights to see.


Mission Legoland--Completed.


Mission Disneyland--maybe in a couple of years!

2 comments:

Deborah Halverson said...

I, too, have yet to venture to Legoland. I know I should, I'm sure the kids would love it, but...

I think I'll follow your advice and take the plunge, too. Sounds (and looks) like you all had a wonderful time. Yay!

The Amazing Trips said...

Way to go, Terrell!! I'm impressed that you did the trip and also, that you're still using your strollers!!