Tuesday, October 23, 2007

All That I Need

If I have learned anything over the past couple of days, it is, most of the things in my home, I could surely live without. For the past 7+ years that Mark and I have owned a home, I have been collecting furniture and nick-knacks that I just knew I needed. Floral arrangements on this table, candle holders with candles on another. Artwork hung just right on one wall, and a collage of pictures on another.

I love my comfortable king-sized bed and fluffy down pillow.


I love my ceiling fan blowing cool night air over my head as I sleep.

I love Isaac's boyish, red-walled room, baring his name over three giant-sized stars.


I love Angel and Bella's two-toned, pink and green room that has their names daintily hanging from frilly bows above each bed.


I'm at peace in Annie's purple room with a white ric-rac border painted smack-dab in the middle of all four walls.


I wouldn't live anywhere else than my home that has been decorated and doted on to accommodate my family and our personalities.


But in the grand scheme of things, when asked to leave my home due to a possible fire threat, there isn't anything more I would take than my family. All of the above are mere luxuries that I am blessed and fortunate to have. All of the above could be easily replaced with the right amount of money.

Not a penny in the world could replace Angel's sweet-spirited, friendly, smiling face.


Not a penny in the world could replace Isaac's calm attitude and gentle spirit.
No amount of money could replace Bella's feisty, yet humorous personality.




And nothing in the world could replace the joy that Annie brings to each of us every day.

1 comment:

Celtic Kitten said...

I think we've all gotten a big reality check over the last couple of days. I'm so glad you're safe.