Thursday, October 4, 2007

Curly Girlie's

As any mother does before the birth of her children, she prays for their heatlth. She prays for a healthy baby with 10 fingers and 10 toes. She prays for a baby with 2 eyes, a nose, and a mouth positioned exactly where they should be on a sweet baby face. She prays for ears that hear and a voice that resonates sound.


Like any mother, I too, prayed for all of these things and thankfully, my prayers were answered. There was only one wish I had that was not completely fulfilled....


I hoped that I would have at least one girl with Shirley Temple curls. The kind that spring back into place after being pulled taught. The kind that bounce up and down like a yo-yo in play. The kind that are impossible to brush out without tears unless a leave-in conditioner has been applied. The kind that all girls complain about when they get into grade school because they want stick-straight hair like all of their friends.


Nope...not one of my three girls were genetically wired to have Shirley Temple curls. Until recently, I thought my dream of curls would be impossible. Because chances of having a fourth girl with curls when I already have three without, seems very slim. AND...the chances of having anymore children at all--is ZERO!!!


I recently remembered that my mom used to put "pink curlers," as I called them, in my hair as a little girl, because I too, wasn't genetically wired to have Shirley Temple curls. I would sleep on about 10-20 lumps all night, and wake up with beautiful, bouncing curls.


And so, I have passed this onto my girls.


Let me introduce you to my Shirley Temple Curlie Girlie's.



2 comments:

M&D's Mommy said...

Is that why you always comment on Kenzie's hair. Trust me it's not all that it's cracked up to be. I'll let you brush it out after bath any night of the week! :)

Celtic Kitten said...

I might need your help when we curl Kendra's hair for Irish Dance competitions.